Dog-Legislation.com is a compilation of federal, state and local legislation affecting dogs and dog owners.
This site does not attempt to provide opinions on proposed laws. Rather, the purpose of the site is to collect and display basic information on dog-related legislation in a concise fashion that is easily referenced based on location.
Dog legislation includes breed-specific legislation (breed bans or regulations based on breed, BSL), mandatory sterilization (mandatory spay/neuter, MSN), tethering (chaining, penning), licensing, pet limits, dangerous and vicious dogs, rabies law, animal cruelty, breeder regulations (breeding permits, litter permits), pet industry regulations (groomers, trainers, veterinarians), and more.
Any site visitor is welcome to post alerts about proposed legislation in your area; however, the site owner reserves the right to reject or edit posts before they are published.
- Jun 13, 2017: Caraway, AR - city council defends breed ban
- Jun 13, 2017: Jasper, TN - BSL passed
- Jun 12, 2017: Union Grove, WI - BSL proposed
- Jun 3, 2017: Delaware HB 13 - bill to prohibit BSL passed
- Apr 26, 2017: Pennsylvania HB 1238 - tethering, animal cruelty bill passes House
- Feb 23, 2017: Georgia - "Logan's Law" requires transferor of dog to include dog bite statistics by breed
- Oct 26, 2016: Odessa, TX - animal control ordinance passed
- Oct 26, 2016: Santa Fe County, NM - tethering ordinance proposed
- Oct 26, 2016: Manatee County, FL - mandatory spay neuter
- Oct 25, 2016: Rutherford County, TN - rule against free roaming cats increases euthanasia numbers
- Oct 24, 2016: Salina, KS - residents ask commissioners to consider repeal of BSL
- Oct 24, 2016: Forsyth County, NC - tethering ban passed
- Oct 24, 2016: Pennsylvania HB 869 - Senate approves animal cruelty bill
- Oct 22, 2016: Ohio - court rules that pets aren't just property
- Oct 18, 2016: Devils Lake, ND - commission considers BSL repeal